Gabriella De La Vega
Gabriella de la Vega, Business Woman, Volunteer, Board Member Originally from Mexico City, she moved to the state of Michigan back in 1996.
She started her career in the media back in 1997 with a radio show and a tv show for the Hispanic community. After seeing the lack of opportunities because of the language barrier between English and Spanish, she had volunteered and had been a part of WYGR 1530 am, WKTV channel 25, WNWZ 1410 am, WMJH 810 am, and since 2007 she had volunteered as On air talent on WYCE 88.1 FM. Using her time on the radio she promoted the services that are available for the community that primarily speaks Spanish.
She is also a business owner, her family owns a gift and bridal shop in Wyoming, Michigan.
- Former member of the parent council at Calvin University
- Former President for the Godwin Heights Bands Parent association. Former Member of the Festival of the Arts Marketing Committee Former Member of the Age friendly Advisory Council Grand Rapids, MI Athena Action Committee member
- Communication advocate for the American Heart Association Michigan Volunteer for the American Red Cross Spanish line and the Disaster team. Diversity and Inclusion Committee ARC
- Board member of UCOM.
- Board member of the Grand Rapids Community Media Center City of Wyoming Parks and Recreation Vice Chair Commissioner Greater Wyoming Community Resource Alliance Commissioner Mexican Heritage Association of West Michigan President.
- On air talent 88.1 FM WYCE
*After writing about my biography and reflect about the years and opportunities my favorite principle is “Giving back” I was so welcomed to this beautiful community who gave me the opportunity to grow, learn and succeed that I made a commitment to give back to those who had help me and to continuously building a bridge between organizations and those who may need our support, volunteering, working or advocating. That’s my way of returning all the blessing, gracias~!